Thursday 10 May 2012

If my life was a movie

It would probably be entertaining to most! 

Drama, drama, drama!! That is what makes up much of my life.  I'm a self confessed drama queen but I think I have the right to be, well most of the time anyway. 

Yes there are a lot of good things in my life, such as love, family, friendships, success, celebrations, loyalty – the list could go on. 
BUT, it also includes those dark and depressing elements of life such as betrayal, failure, disloyalty, disappointment, uncertainty.  It is also full of those events that catch you by such surprise that they completely shatter what you thought you had.  These surprises happen way too often for my liking and are entering all parts of my life that I care about.   
My life has a lot of light and shade – you could say it is the recipe for a good novel or film.  Whatever it may be all I know is at the moment I’m making the most of the light while I can.  When you think about it, it's really unfortunate that although life is made up of good and bad, it's the bad elements that we fixate on.

Having re-read the above, I guess the only thing that’s missing from my life is a fantasy or supernatural element.  Although I have always believed our house is home to its own not so friendly ghost!!

Signing off
Em (hoot, hoot)

2 comments:

  1. Great post Emma, I think everyone has 'a lot of light and shade' it's like ying and yang - they go hand in hand, you can't have one without the other.

    If you could choose any author to write a novel based on your life (not a biography but a fictionalised version) who would you choose?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely not Matthew Reilly – I don't think I could handle the adventure or the risk of dying a very painful death!!! That’s a great question... no one has come to mind straight away. In terms of style of writing and appreciation for the written word I would have to say Nicholas Sparks.

      Delete