Tuesday 8 May 2012

The Lucky One

Ok, so originally I wanted my blog to be all about books – books, books and more books.  The problem I have is that I love my movies nearly just as much.  I also found that while I was watching a recent movie – The Lucky One – I kept thinking about blogging about it.  
The great thing about my blog is that it's my own and I can do whatever I want with it.  I think you know where this is going; so this blog is from now on not just about my love for novels – it will also be about my love for films and at times other random thoughts that may or may not be related to anything in particular.   
Okay - the Lucky One is based on a Nicholas Sparks novel.  Now if you have read my previous posts you will know that where there is a Nicholas Sparks novel, there are usually tissues a plenty!!  I was only recently introduced to Sparks so unfortunately I haven’t had a chance to read the novel.  When I saw the movie was out at the cinemas, I didn’t really mind as I sometimes enjoy not knowing what to expect in a film.
The story is beautiful both in a happy and sad way.  During the entire film I felt like I was part of the journey and was riding the emotions with each of the characters.  There were moments where I was on the edge of my seat and others where I laughed out loud.  However, I also felt so sad that I got a lump in my throat and cried on a couple of occasions.
I thought the actors chosen within the film were good choices. I can't comment on whether they were right for the roles based on the novel however, they were definitely perfect on the big screen.   I was not familiar with a lot of the actors and sometimes I find this refreshing.  The only actor I was familiar with was Zac Efron.  Boy, has come a long way from his High School Musical days – he played a completely different character, a challenging character, and I personally think he did a superb job. 
This is another movie for my DVD collection!!
Signing off
Em (hoot, hoot) 

No comments:

Post a Comment